Today we started programming using the programme processing which “is an open source programming language and integrated development environment (IDE) built for the electronic arts, new media art, and visual design communities with the purpose of teaching the fundamentals of computer programming in a visual context, and to serve as the foundation for electronic sketchbooks” – (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processing_(programming_language)
I enjoyed some of the basic programming we did for example making a coloured background with a rectangle on, this may sound easy however programming is completely new to me therefore was a challenge however I feel comfortable with what we have done so far and hope to better my skills each week.
What is programming?
- Set of instructions.
- High level languages that are then interpreted into machine code.
- IDE Integrated Development Environment.
- FunctionMethod. (Re-usable block of code)
- Data types.
- Compiler. (Converts code to machine code)
- Conditioned Statement. (Yes or No)
- OOP. Object Orientated Programming.
- Camel Case (How we name variables)
- myVAr myFirstFunction topScore.
The Screenshot below is some basic programming I wrote in Processing.